Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Rejoice in the Lord Always

Today I was reminded about making the choice to praise the Lord and making the choice to be glad and rejoice--no matter what your situation.

I know I've been guilty of letting problems keep me from praising God and I've taken my eyes off the solution and focused instead on the problems around me (most often, they aren't problems but annoyances that I make into mountains). Ive had to pray often about refocusing my thoughts and mind--to continually renew my mind. In this hustle and bustle world it's easy to get distracted and lose track.

Sunday the little song "Rejoice in the Lord always" was stuck in my mind and I have to tell you that it made such a difference in my day. I was cheerful even when I splashed water all over myself from the sink, even as I cleaned it up and even when my poor little guy was whining (he was not feeling well). Just focusing on the Lord and not my own little things kept my spirits cheerful and thankful.

When you least want to praise, that might be the time you need most to!

Well, I'm off to work as unto the Lord and to take care of this family and home that He gave into my care. I pray that your day is blessed!

Hugs & Blessings,
Tam

No comments: