Tuesday, January 11, 2011

GratiTuesdays!



I've been meaning to change my Facebook status for a week or two now, but haven't quite figured out what I want it to say exactly. Essentially it's about having a heart of "maditude or gratitude". Maybe I'll figure it out soon.

I don't make resolutions each year but I do try to set myself some goals and this year I have a blanket goal of living out Colossians 3:23 (to do everything unto the Lord). I think that in itself will help me focus and work more out of love and gratitude. But I'd like to keep doing Gratituesdays because it's nice testimony that life is really blessed of the Lord.

This week I am especially thankful for a warm house to live in. Watching the news tonight, the reporters were talking about the anniversary of the Haiti earthquake and how the Haitians are still dealing with the aftermath, living in tent cities which are looking to be permanent residence than temporary housing. The cholera epidemic that is shooting through the tent cities. These are just a small portion of the things they face right now.

I am grateful to the Lord for providing me shelter, and am sorry for growing frustrated that it's not perfect. It's loved and lived-in. And when I get frustrated cleaning the floor, need to remember how blessed I am to have that floor, or when a pipe is leaking that we are blessed to have pipes to begin with. Or when I see the 20-year-old tile in my kitchen with some rough patches, that I am rich and blessed beyond measure that I even have a tile floor.

I pray for the people of Haiti and hope that you will add your prayers. I pray for all those around the world without adequate shelter. And I praise the Lord for His goodness and mercy in granting me a home to live in right now.

No comments: