Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Late Gratituesday!



For me it's still Tuesday as I haven't made it to bed yet (going as soon as I finish) but I wanted to make sure that I posted today's gratefulness.

I am grateful first and foremost that God is God and He is so good to us.

But today I am particularly grateful for the wonderful bounty of apples we were able to pick on Monday. The boys and I went with some friends from our homeschool co-op and spent the beautiful morning outdoors enjoying the sunshine and cooler temps. At various points my heart was bursting with thanks to the Lord for it all. With sweet apple juice running down my chin, I held an apple in one hand to munch on while I picked some large delicious apples for our family. Healthy and gorgeous. Some as large as baseballs and softballs.

I am also thankful for the knowledge of friends and Godly women who share. On a site I belong to, one loop for homesteading had a yummy recipe for apple butter (mmmmm). I am going to try my hand at not only making apple butter but also canning it. The recipe calls for cooking the apples overnight in the crockpot, so the apples and spices are all in there now, simmering away while we dream. The house will smell so delicious in the morning, I can't wait!

If you're interested, here's the recipe link:
http://www.simplycanning.com/canning-apple-butter.html

So, with much love and happiness, I wish you all a blessed week and pray that you can find gratefulness to our Lord for even the small things.

Like a sweet apple.

No comments: