Saturday, August 8, 2009

Updates on Projects

It's been a while since I mentioned projects, so thought I'd see how you were doing on yours and let you know what's going on in our world.

As you know, we began working in the half-bath. It's been painted. I still need to clean up a few droplets here and there that splattered. I also need to finish hanging the shelf and decorations that are for the room. And once more deep clean the floor. I'm hoping to get to all that Tuesday.

I've also been working in my daughter's room. We've purchased almost everything (there is still a huge poster-sized frame for a bunch of photos that she'd like and we need to find a new stool for her vanity or see if there is any way to repair the old one). Instead of trying to find beads to hang in front of her closet (for door), we purchased a flat sheet in the same shade of chocolate brown as the one we got for her futon cover (at Walmart). We wanted some cute trim to dress it up a bit but were having some problems finding the right colors/styles/etc. Last night the Lord directed me to the perfect trim to match not only the colors, but the dangles on her lamp. :) So, I have that project going this week. My mom also found a great wrought iron planter shelf (3 shelves) that needs some work so we have to sand it down and prime then paint it. Daughter has been going through her clothes so we can turn them into the consignment shop and clear out the clutter of her closet. We found a great ribbon (basket-weave style) bin on clearance at Target to hold her pajamas in. I hope to finish up in the next two week so we can take pics and I can move on to the livingroom.

Other than that, still decluttering. Not as faithfully as I'd like, but have been praying for more motivation. I joined a great group of gals on a loop and we are working together to make our homes shine by working on one area each day of the week. It's nice to have a focus to not get overwhelmed. :)

This week and next week I will be taking any extra time (what's that, haha) to work on the homeschool corner, declutter it and clean everything and get ready for the new school year!

So, what have you been up to? How are your projects going? How is the decluttering going? Have you been maintaining? Let me know!

So, that's been life in a nutshell.

No comments: