Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Afternoon Musings

Wow, what a busy day so far. I was up and down most of the night because of some things on my mind. It's difficult to be honest, but here goes...right now I'm struggling to find contentment in my sacred calling as wife and mom. I keep praying and pressing through, but it's not always easy to do and sometimes my family ends up paying the price and I get the (non)joy of dealing with the condemnation I heap on myself.

Why do we women do this? I know that we don't fight flesh and blood and the enemy would love nothing more than to have us defeated and discouraged. Let's face it, that adage of "if mama ain't happy..." rings too true in the whole of the earth today. If we are blessed enough to be married, then we have the wonderful blessing of a husband to lead the home, but I honestly think we women are the heart.

Proverbs 31 reminds us of the woman we all strive to be and it says that her children call her blessed. It's hard to be "blessed" when you are constantly struggling with the kids, the clutter and the mess. It's hard sometimes to be grateful for those things, even. We really should though, as I often remind myself. Each person and thing in our life is here to teach us to grow the fruits of the spirit. Patience when the puppy used the kitchen chair for a chewing post. Self-control when you realize how out of balance things are and you need to get rid of the excess. Love, true Godly love, when you are at your wits end with your family's quirks.

So, now that I've spouted off for the day, I'm going to put some praise and worship music on and just concentrate on the Lord and change the focus of my mind today.

God bless you all!

No comments: